With commitment, dedication, thorough research and constant comparison with other different insurance quotes, you too can get massive discounts on your van insurance premiums (If only you’re willing to get down and dirty with insurers). Below are other great ways you can achieve this set goal, have them on your finger tips when next you’re searching for cheap van insurance quotes and you’ll be laughing all the way with your new policy.
1. This first tip is specifically for those on a very low-budget. The law requires you to have a basic insurance cover to be legal on the road. Third party only cover is the most basic type of coverage out of the other two insurance policies (comprehensive and third-party fire and theft cover), and it’s also the least expensive. So, if your van is quite advanced in age then I suggest you go for this option.
But the only risk associated with this basic level of protection is that, in the event of an accident you’re compelled to bear the burden of fixing your own vehicle while your insurer repairs the third party’s vehicle.
2. Comprehensive policy do include some other optional extras like legal expenses cover, breakdown cover, radio or audio protection, personal protection and so on. You can get a better deal on any of these optional extras you choose if you compare prices with what other insurers are offering.
Because they are easily included within your comprehensive cover does not mean they are cheaper. Do your research properly and you’ll be guaranteed to save money on your entire policy whilst getting value for your money.
3. Another effective way of bringing your van insurance premium down is by increasing your level of excess. Unfortunately, you can’t have it both ways- increase your excess level and your premium lowers a bit. And lower your excess and your premium goes higher.
One major risk to this though is, in the event of an accident, your insurer would expect you to pay your own part of the excess first before they pay for your vehicle to get repaired. So if you’ve increased your excess quiet significantly then be prepared to pay up the entire sum up front.
4. Another great way to get discount off your policy is install an approved security system in your vehicle. This way, you minimize the risk of theft and burglary and most importantly, you reduce the risk of making claims from your insurance policy.
And most insurers like it when your vehicle is adequately protected as you lower the chances of claiming against your policy. So, do make sure you one fitted in your van before you start searching for a cheap insurance quote.
Additionally, having a no claims bonus also helps you reduce your premium quiet significantly. In all you do, strive to accumulate no claims bonus by avoiding collisions. And if you’re the accident prone type, then i suggest you include a protected no claim bonus when taking out your policy.
5. This particular tip may sound silly and it’s often overlooked by most people looking for cheap van insurance quotes. Yes! there are some insurers that would cut your premiums when you commit to a simple gesture of putting a little sticker on your bumper showing a number the public can call if you’re seen driving recklessly. Amazing isn’t it?
In addition, the engine size of your van also plays a prominent role in reducing your van insurance quotes. The bigger the engine, the higher your premiums and vice versa. So, when looking for the perfect van to buy, also consider your insurance premiums.
6.. Increasing your level of excess simultaneously lowers your premiums. The lower your excess, the higher your van insurance premium. So, if you’re like me you can up your excess to get a lower premium.
The only risk to this is in the event of an accident, you’re expected to pay up your excess before the insurer pays to complete the vehicle repair. So try all you can to avoid accidents and collisions at all cost thereby enabling you accumulate as much no claims bonus as possible.
7. Finally, The use of your van also plays a significant role in determining how much premium you’re quoted. You might also need some additional insurance cover to protect contents in the van and if your role involves transporting expensive goods and items, you may also want to insure them against damages.
So whatever your intentional use of the van will be, do have it at the back of your mind how much you really want to save up on your van insurance premium.
The last few years have seen a lot of van insurance comparison websites spring up due to the demand for a cheaper policy. These comparison websites are there for a reason, use them as often as possible so you can see the bigger picture when looking for a great deal.
Furthermore, it makes a lot of sense to be patient when searching for that elusive cheap van insurance deal. Get as many quotes as possible then choose the best that suits your need and the one that offers best value for your money.